- English and chinese are two quite different languages.
- Both brother and sister tire of city life.
- No desk and (no) chair is seen in the hall.
- All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
- They each have been to the Forbidden city.
比如the（a）horse and cart a watch and chain a knife and fork a cup and soucer the butter and bread
- The horse and cart has fallen down the cliff(悬崖).
- Butter and bread is his favourate.
- The poet(诗人) and writer has been sentenced(判决) to death.
- The poet and the writer have been sentenced(判决) to death.
等于： be,equal,be equal to,make
相除： divided by
One and one make(makes) two.
not only…but also
- There is a desk and two chairs in the room.
- Are you or your sister fond of classical music?
- An apple or two lies on the desk.(数量词后用单数)
- One or two apples lie on the desk.
- Not he but you have come.
rather than,as well as
with,together with,along with
except,besides,but,in addition to
- The couple in addition to their child are mean.
- Lauren,rather than anyone else was chose his partener.
- A library together with 3000 books was destroyed in the fire.
- To go to bed early and rise early is a good habit.
- What he says and behaives doesn’t concern me.
分数用法： 通常分子读基数，分母读序数，分子超过1时，分母加s。即 基+序(s)+of+n+谓
- Most students are in favaour of the contract(契约) but the rest disagree.
be favaour of: be for,approve of,support,agree with
- About two thirds of the earth’s surface is covered by water.
one of+n或the only one of+n,一般用单数（定从根据中心词在of前后）
a number of+n（用复数） & the number of+n（用单数）
one in 或 one out of+n (用单数)
a large quantity of & large quantity of + 可\不可数n
a large amount of & large amounts of + 不可数n
- He is one of the students who were awarded the other day.
- He is the only one of the students who was awarded the other day.
- One of his family was a traitor(卖国贼，叛徒) during the world war two.
- A number of teenagers are addicted to the Internet.
- The number of students who are addicted to the Internet is up to(接近于) 15.
- Large amounts of power are foused on him alone.==a large amount of power is foused on him alone.
- All are present besides the professor.
- All that glitters(发光体) is not gold.
- The injured are taken good care of in hospital.
- The agreeable is not always the useful.(不表人)
- Pants are what I want.
- The pair of glasses seems expensive.(谓语动词与表示计量单位的名词形式一致)
- Three set of fashionable socks are shown in today’s evening proper(恰当地).
一系列： a piece/pair/set/suit/series of
Arabian Night sounds beautiful.
- Many a man thinks life is meaningless without a purpose/an aim.
- More than one student has put forward the suggestion.
- More students than one are against the proposal.
- More than 20% students were absent at the meeting yesterday.(不止)
It is reported that police are trying their best to capture the murder.
The Olympices is hold every four years. == The Olympic games are hold every four year.
- The innovation experiment(革新实验) class consists of 24 students and enjoy chinese.
- Population in China is 1.4 billion or so(about) 20% (Population) have no access to clean water.
Many deer live on the African grassland.
- Among the crow stand his parents.
- On the wall hangs an alarm clock.